How to Hookup an Automatic Ballast System for Fly High Fatsacs
This guide is for installing an automatic ballast system to fill and drain your wake enhancer fatsacs. If this is something you are not ready for because of the effort or costs, you may buy your fatsacs and manually fill or drain with a Tsunami Pump or a pair of Tsunami Pumps. You can later install an automatic ballast system when you are ready.
Required parts for EACH Pro X Series Fat Sac you will need the following:
- 1 each of (W610-P) - Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump (high volume, self-priming, reversible) with Fill/Empty Switch
- 25 ft of (558031-Black Hose) - Black Reinforced Bilge Hose (fits 1 inch & 1 inch fittings)
- 2 each of (W743) - 1 inch Quick Connect - Sac Valve Thread (use PVC Cement to screw this fitting into the Fat Sac)
- 2 each of (W741) - Flow-Rite 1 inch Straight Quick Connect Socket
- 2 each of (W746) - Flow-Rite 1 inch Elbow Quick Connect Socket
- 6 each of (558031-Clamp) - 316 Stainless Steel Worm Drive Hose Clamp 5/16 inch - 1 1/2 inch Clamp Diameter Range
- 2 each of 1 inch Thru Hulls - One for the bottom of the boat for Filling/Emptying; One for Venting/Overflow
- Adequate length of electrical wire to wire up the fill/empty switch and the Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump
- Run Black Reinforced Hose from the Thru Hull Fitting in the bottom of the boat to one side of the Jabsco Pump.
- Run Black Reinforced Hose from the other side of the Jabsco Pump to the bottom valve on the Pro X Series Fat Sac.
- Run Black Reinforced Hose from the highest valve on the top of the Pro X Series Fat Sac to the Thru Hull Fitting out the side of the boat.
NOTE: The vent overflow thru the hull fitting needs to be higher than the Vent Hose valve on the top of the Pro X Series Fat Sac (When Full). This is to prevent water from coming out of the vent overflow thru hull when starting, stopping, turning, hitting waves or leaning the boat over.
Water Ski World
Toll Free: 1-877-723-2660