Hyperlite TALL NEOPRENE Life Jacket up to 5XL-TALL 2020
The Hyperlite TALL is the LARGEST all NEOPRENE life vest in the world for men 280lbs, 300lbs, 400lbs, and more. The TALL is BIG, Coast Guard Approved, and very comfortable for sizes 2XL-TALL, 3XL-TALL, 4XL-TALL, 5XL-TALL. The biggest size, 5XL-TALL (5XLT), will fit a chest size to 66 inches, but stretches a few inches bigger. This oversized life jacket is 3 inches longer in the torso so it will cover the belly a little better and wont look like a crop top or a bra on tall men. Plus sized women buy this life jacket too.
For 2020 TALL, Hyperlite improved the inside foam to make it more secure which will keep the vest performing well in towed watersports when riders take a fall at high speed falls. Vest has large armholes for freedom of movement so you can move, paddle, row, ride behind a boat in a towable tube, water ski on an Big Daddy waterski, ride on big HO Hovercraft waterski, ride a big wakesurfer, or go jet skiing on a Yamaha wave-runner.
We posted a photo of a customer wearing the 4XL-TALL. He is 6'7" 350 lbs, and he is a waterskier and wanted a tight fit for action sports in the water. We also posted a picture of a man 405 lbs wearing the 5XL-TALL, and he is a recreational boater who wanted a relaxed fit for boating safety.
If you are over 6 ft tall, we recommend a TALL life vest to give you more torso coverage. If you are short, you can find very big REGULAR LENGTH NYLON vests. (Please see related products). This neoprene life jacket can be a comfortable alternative to the 4XL/7XL Full Throttle NYLON Vest.
5XL-TALL (5XLT). This size is unique in two ways:
(1) Water Ski World helped Hyperlite design the 5XLT size. All of the smaller sizes run tight for athletes doing active watersports. The 5XLT runs BIG, and belts have extra strap length so you can still buckle it up if you stretch it beyond 66". That size was designed with a more relaxed fit for recreational boating. Sometimes we get returns/exchanges on the smaller sizes to go a size bigger. The 5XLT almost never gets returned for being too small.
(2) 5XLT was manufactured with extra neoprene and foam to reach a that size. This extra buoyancy earned a rating using the harmonized North American Life Jacket Standards Rating System with a performance rating of 70. This rating makes it Coast Guard Approved in both the USA and CANADA.
Before buying, please take the extra time to read our life vest size page by clicking on the life vest size chart icon. We published the manufactures size charts but these charts do not guarantee a fit because every person has a different body shape. Each person buys depending on the use of that vest. Some want relaxed fit for boating. Some want a tight athletic fit for watersports. Buyer is responsible for paying shipping costs to try a different size. That is the risk everybody takes when buying wearable products online.
Hyperlite Indy TALL Life Vest Features:
- A full 3" longer than a regular life vest
- front zipper
- USCGA Type III Personal Flotation Device
-5XLT is also Coast Goard approved in both USA and CANADA
- US Coast Guard Approved in all the sizes 2XLT, 3XLT, 4XLT, 5XLT
- Two Buckle with Straps 1.5" wide
-Segmented Foam Panels
4X was too small so I waited for the 5XL TALL to come out this year. I got it and it fits. The 5X took a big jump in size from the 4X. It is very soft, and it stretches nicely over my chest. Very easy to put on and take off because it only has 2 straps and a zipper. I did not like the Full Throttle because it was a shorter vest with too many straps and buckles. The bottom 2 straps in the Full Throttle hung down and got twisted in the back when I put on the vest, so I had to ask for help straightening the straps.
Exactly what I was looking for. Very comfortable.
Feels good! Nice and lightweight, soft, and easy to adjust. The only advice I would give is get 1 size bigger than you are. I always wear 2XL but needed a 3XL with this vest. It's great that it covers my full upper body and doesn't feel like a kids vest or half vest.