The O’Neill Assault LS Mens Life Vest for 2017 is CGA Approved and looks a little like a SWAT vest with its sectional design. The black graphic is for the man who is tired of life jackets with all those huge multi colored Oneill logos everywhere or tired of bright colors on life jackets. Its black, and all logos on this 2017 Oneill Assault are more subtle including the logo on the back.
The Oneill Assault Vest has Lumbar pads integrated into the back of the life jacket to help with back wrenching watersports. This neoprene life jacket has NytroLite foam which is drier, lighter, less bulky, and more buoyant. The use of advanced materials reduces the wet weight of the life vest but keeps the neoprene where you need it most for warmth. The neoprene is high a quality Fluid Foam Neoprene Shell and does not get as soggy as the lower quality neoprene life vests. Use of high quality neoprene is expected since Oneill makes the best neoprene wet suits in the world.
What is NytroLite? NytroLite is a low density Polyethylene which is expanded using Nitrogen in a copyrighted process (which cannot be duplicated). The foam is 3 times lighter than regular PVC foam and it absorbs 15-20% less water due to the closed cell foam structure. The resulting foam is approximately 10% more buoyant than PVC meaning we can use less foam in each vest and it will still float the same.
Oneill vests have internal belt design which helps to keep the straps tucked in and away from your limbs. With integrated lumbar support pads, segmented foam core and anatomical flex points, and NytroLite, Oneill has the most fully featured life vests in the world.
The Oneill Assault Life Vest features:
1. Molded foam panels with soft neoprene for comfort and warmth
2. Fully flotation compliant USCGA life vest
3. Concealed Dual Belt System which keeps the straps tucked in and away from your arms
4. Segmented foam core is designed with anatomical flex points for maximum movement
5. Large armhole size to allow maximum movement
6. Quick release Delrin Buckles
7. Closed cell NytroLite Foam to reduce the wet weight of the vest, (Lower quality off-brand neoprene life vests get soggy and stretch out a lot when wet).
8. Integrated Lumbar Pad
9. Overlocked Stitched: Super-Strong Seams
Use for any type of boating, water skiing, wakeboarding, river rafting, and water safety.
NOTE: THIS NEW ASSAULT LS VEST RUNS A LITTLE BIG FOR THE SPECIFIED SIZE. We found that the 3XL fits oversized big and tall men, but watch out for the belly. If your chest measures bigger than the belly, you may have to go up a size.